The first books about the sinking of the Titanic, written by Lawrence Beesley and Archibald Gracie -appeared within months of the ship's sinking. The first film featuring Titanic was released just 29 days after the tragedy, which starred an actual survivor Dorothy Gibson. Films about the sinking include:
Saved from the Titanic (1912) Starred Dorothy Gibson. Unfortunately there is no know prints of the film in existence and therefore considered to be 'lost'.
- Titanic (1943) is a German proper-gander film which The film used the sinking of the RMS Titanic as a setting for an attempt to discredit British and American capitalist dealings and glorify the bravery and selflessness of German men.
- Titanic (1953) An American melodrama featuring a man looking for his run-away wife.
- A night to remember (1958) This film was based on Walter Lords best selling book of the same name
- Raise the Titanic (1980) Sir Lew Grade's multi-million pound epic was released based on the novel by Clive Cussler.
- Titanic (1997) starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet. Directed by James Cameron remained the higgest grossing film until 2010 when it was over taken by another Cameron film 'Avatar'. Titanic cost $200 Million to make and received 11 Academy Awards.